Потапенко Андрей Сергеевич
Potapenko Andrey Sergeyevich
Candidate of Philological Sciences, Associate Professor at the Chair of Spanish Studies and Intercultural Communication.
He has been working at the chair since 1988.
He gives the following classes:
1) Linguistic and cultural studies
2) Practice course of the First Foreign Language
3) Practicum in Verbal Communication Culture of the first foreign language
4) Foreign language
Area of expertise: national cultural specifics of the language, linguistic and cultural studies, language semantics.
- In 2003 he defended his candidate thesis titled “Semantic, Syntax, and Pragmatic Properties of the Basis Epistemic Verbs in Spanish and English Languages” and obtained a degree of the Candidate of Philological Sciences in 10.02.20 Contemporary historical, typological, and contrastive linguistics”;
- In 2006 he was awarded the Certificate of Academic Council and Rector of PSLU;
- In 2007 he was awarded a I Degree Diploma for the Development of Students’ Research Work;
- In 2008 he took internship in Enforex language school (Madrid);
- In 2010 he was awarded a Certificate of Zheleznovodsk Administration;
- In 2011 he was awarded a Certificate of the Stavropol Krai Ministry of Education;
- In 2011 he received an academic rank of the Associate Professor;
- In 2011 he published his textbook “Spanish America: Geography, History, Culture”;
- In 2016 he published his textbook titled “Theory of International Communication” (co-authors Y.V. Taratukhina, S.N. Bezus), which was marked by the Academic Methodological Association;
- In 2016 he was awarded a Certificate of the Pyatigorsk Administration;
- In 2016 he created a course of Geography, History, and Culture of the Latin America Countries https://edu.pgu.ru/store/course/view.php?id=567#;
- In 2017 he created an electronic academic aid titled “América Hispana: geografía, historia, cultura [Electronic course]; academic aid in linguistic and cultural studies in Spanish Language” and passed the database rights to the university;
- He is a member of the Spanish Scholars of Russia Association;
- High-qualified expert, who possesses progressive methods of Spanish language teaching.