Foundation of the UniversityThe university was founded on September 1, 1939 by the 347 decree of the Council of People's Commissars of RSFSR dated 7 July 1939 as Pyatigorsk four-year Pedagogic Institute, which was reorganized into Pyatigorsk Pedagogic Institute of Foreign Languages by 667 decree of the Council of Ministers of RSFSR on 2 June 1961.
On April 14, 1995 Pyatigorsk State Pedagogic Institute of Foreign Languages was renamed into Pyatigorsk State Linguistic University followed by 191 Order of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation.
On October 25, 2002 Pyatigorsk State Linguistic University was listed in the Uniform State Register of Legal Entities as State Educational Establishment of Professional Education “Pyatigorsk State Linguistic University”, which was renamed into the Federal State Budgetary Educational Establishment of Higher Professional Education “Pyatigorsk State Linguistic University” by 1688 Order of the Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation dated May 23, 2011.
On May 13, 2016 Pyatigorsk State Linguistic University was renamed into Federal State Budgetary
Educational Institution of Higher Education «Pyatigorsk State University».
Founder of Educational EstablishmentThe Russian Federation is the founder of the university.
Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation implements functions of the university founder.
Location of the founder: 11 Tverskaya st, Moscow, 125993
Location of the Educational Establishment and its BranchUniversity’s location: 9 Kalinina ave, Pyatigorsk, Stavropol Krai 357532.
Novorossiysk branch location: 47b Kunikova st, Novorossiysk, Krasnodar Krai 353920.